Monday, October 1, 2012

Mommy's Lunch: 10.1.12

I have a confession...

I pack these great lunches for my kids, and most of the time, I buy lunch at work.

The cafeteria is relatively cheap and really delicious, so it's hard to NOT buy.  Half the time when I bring lunch, I end up buying something, too...

Today, I might get soup.  It's less than $2 and yummy.  We'll see.

But, I want to attempt to pack my lunches more and buy less. 


So, here's my lunch for today - nothing fancy.  I have a peanut butter and honey sandwich on a sandwich thin, an apple, some ranch flavored crackers, and some dried fruit mix, in an Easylunchbox.  Should be filling.

Would taste really good with some soup.

I admit, it's an uphill battle...


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Astrid. If our cafeteria were either cheap OR yummy, I might buy my lunch. As it is neither (and I’m counting calories) I make my own lunch pretty much every day.

    But even though I prepare the kids’ lunches at night, so that all hubs has to do in the morning is put them in the lunch-boxes, for my OWN lunch, I end up scrambling around the kitchen at 6:00 in the morning. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I used to be really good about packing my lunches... but then my coworkers and I started going to the yummy and cheap cafeteria! lol. Call it an October resolution, to get better at packing for myself!

      Delete
  2. I sadly don't have any kids so anytime I do make bento it's for myself, but I really enjoy making lunches for myself. It's a great little hobby haha

    ReplyDelete