Saturday, March 3, 2012

Recipe: Cinnamon Roll Twist

I saw this originally on Pinterest, and the original recipe is on an Estonian (I think) blog.  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it!

I used the dough recipe I've used before, from SugarCrafter's Nutella Cinnamon Rolls, made in the bread machine, using

I split the dough into thirds, and spread two of the rolled out rectangles with cinnamon roll filling, and the third with nutella.


The pictures at the original blog show how to make the braids pretty well, but here's my tutorial in case you don't want to go cross-eyed looking at the Estonian (or maybe Romanian?).

After spreading a rectangle of dough out thinly, spread with filling.  Roll up tightly into a log.

Cut the log down the center to expose the filling.  Place the two halves back to back and cross the pieces over each other to form a two-stranded braid.  Attach the ends together to make a ring.

It would be pretty just like this... :)

But look at how pretty this is!
Place on a baking sheet (I didn't put parchment paper on the baking sheet, but I wish I had... the roll leaked quite a bit..) , and cover with a kitchen towel.  Allow to rise for 20-30 minutes.


Melt a couple tablespoons of butter in a bowl, and stir in 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 Tbsp brown sugar.   Brush over the exposed parts of the rings.  (There will probably be leftovers of this topping...)

All baked - Cinnamon Version.  See, it leaked a little...
All baked Nutella version
Preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I saw this when you pinned it and it looks even more amazing now!!! yummy!

    ReplyDelete