Sunday, March 18, 2012

Recipe: Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake

The Girl's birthday party was yesterday, and I brought up the idea of this Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake that I saw online...

The Girl went nuts about the idea, so I decided to make it happen.

I won't repost the recipe here, but I will tell you that this cake is not as complicated as it may seem.  And it is totally worth it.

I made the cheesecake according to the directions in the original recipe.  I didn't have a lot of time, so I used boxed cake mix for the red velvet cake.

For the frosting, I decided to make sour cream frosting, like you sometimes find on top of cheesecakes.  It was wonderful.  I used this recipe I found on Allrecipes - I doubled the recipe and added a little more confectioner's sugar to make it thick enough to spread.  It could have been a bit thicker - ended up pooling a little on the cake stand.. but it was so delicious, no one complained.

All in all, party guests were lining up their own flavor requests for this cake...
Hopefully theirs will be minus my fingerprint...

(*Guest photography in this post by my wonderful (blogless) friend with his wonderful fancy camera... I dream of a day when I have such skill and equipment..)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment