Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25th = Swedish Waffle Day!

My favorite Swedish "holiday"?

Waffle Day, of course!  I don't have a traditional heart shaped waffle iron, but I have others... and the silver dollar waffle maker is perfect for lunches on waffle day.
Waffle breakfast sandwich
I made banana waffles (waffle mix + water + mashed banana), cheddar waffles (waffle mix + cheddar cheese powder + pizza seasoning + water), and regular waffles.  Later today, I'm having a waffle lunch with some friends, and my fancy Belgian waffle maker is going to make an appearance.

I made waffle sandwiches with peanut butter, apples, and raisins.  I made savory waffle sandwiches with cheddar cheese and ham.  I made the kids waffles for breakfast with maple syrup (real Vermont syrup, of course), and with peanut butter and honey (a favorite).

Swedes will no doubt say that it's all overkill.. but hey... that's me.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. yum! I love the breakfast sandwich you made! I'll have to try that sometime

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete