Monday, March 14, 2011

Recipe: Chicken Cream Pot Pie


In honor of Pi Day, I made chicken pot pie for dinner.

I used new Cooking Cream in it, and it is delicious!  I used the garlic flavor, but I bet any of the flavors would be wonderful.

I love trying new things!

I also used the last of my vegetable "meat" balls in it, and they worked wonderfully.  You could use any of your favorite vegetables.


Chicken Cream Pot Pie

1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 c corn niblets
1 c frozen peas
1/2 c other favorite vegetables
1 10-oz carton Savory Garlic Cooking Cream
2 prepared pie crusts

Preheat oven to 400F.  Brown the chicken breast in a pan on medium high heat, until it is lightly browned.  Cut into bite sized pieces.  In a bowl, combine chicken with vegetables and cooking cream.

Line a 9" pie plate with one crust.  Fill the crust with the creamy chicken and vegetable mixture.

Cover with top crust, crimp edges with a fork, and cut vents into the top crust.  I used cookie cutters.

Tent with foil and bake for 25 minutes.  Remove foil, and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned.
Mmmmmmmm.


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This looks good. I use only a top crust for the chicken pot pies I make to cut down on the fat, and I've been using Campbell's cream of mushroom soup for the base (as you used this cooking cream which I will try) and I use the frozen mixed vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I typically make chicken pot pie, with cream of mushroom soup. I like using mashed potatoes as a top crust, too. I like the cooking cream - it's different and fun!

    ReplyDelete