Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe: Pulled Pork Dumplings

The other day, I made that Root Beer Pulled Pork.  There were a couple of cups leftover, so I decided to make dumplings with it!

You see, I got a new toy...

I got myself a bamboo steamer.  Awesome decision.  This thing is wonderful.  I can't wait to use it again.

Pulled Pork Dumplings

1 1/2 lb leftover pulled pork (mine had onions in it)
1/2 c hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1-2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 package wonton wrappers (you won't use them all)


Pulse the pulled pork in a food processor until ground.


Stir in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and sesame oil.

Into each wonton wrapper, put a small scoop of filling.  Wet the edges of the wrapper with water and pinch closed (I liked to make the ends meet diagonally, my brother liked to do a twisty thing.  Whatever floats your boat)

If you have a bamboo steamer, line with parchment if possible (with holes poked in it, or use these liners).  Place about 5-7 dumplings per layer, and steam over a simmering pot of water for about 6-8 minutes.  You can also boil them for about the same amount of time, but be careful to watch them and seal them tightly so they won't fall apart.

Use gyoza dipping sauce, or sweet red chili sauce for dipping. 
Served along with some fried rice, sauteed broccoli slaw


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome use for leftover pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dumplings look so delicious and unique!

    ReplyDelete