Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipe: Root Beer Pulled Pork

I got this recipe from Stephanie O'Dea's More Make it Fast, Cook It Slow cookbook (my sister got it for me for Christmas.)  I modified it slightly.

It was yummy... I kind of wanted to reduce the juices in the crockpot and make a thicker sauce out of them.  I did not, because I didn't have time.  The Hubby wants me to make it again, and slather it with bbq sauce upon serving.

He is of the firm belief that everything is better with bbq sauce.

I honestly expected more root beer flavor, and that is why I wanted to reduce the cooking liquid, to try to achieve that.  It was still yummy, but didn't really taste like root beer...
See all those lovely juices?  They might have made a wonderful sauce...
Still, worth making.  Very easy and juicy.

Root Beer Pulled Pork

2 lbs boneless pork loin
2 c rootbeer (I used homemade from my Sodastream)
1 onion (sliced into rings)
~1/2 c ketchup
1 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Perfection Spice Rub (or your favorite spice mix)

Homemade rootbeer!
Combine all ingedients in a crockpot (I wouldn't use less than a 3.5 quart).  Cook on low all day.

When almost ready to serve, remove meat and onions from the crockpot and shred with two forks.  Pour some of the cooking juices onto the shredded meat.


Serve on buns (toasted would be better), with cheese if desired.

*******
Check out some great Pork Loin recipes - brought to you by Reader's Digest Food.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment