Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Recipe: Candy Corn Cheese Crackers

Sometimes, I make something that makes me giggle while making it.

These are one of those things.

I saw the idea for Candy Corn Sugar cookies over on Pinterest, but I really didn't need any more sweet recipe ideas (I'm having a Halloween party on Saturday.  It's going to be really fun, and I am going to go totally overboard on food.  This should come as no surprise to anyone.).  So - how about crackers?

I made a double batch of dough exactly from King Arthur Flour's Vermont Cheese Crackers - I won't reiterate the recipe here, I didn't change it.  Then, I divided the dough into thirds and colored one third yellow and one third orange, using gel food coloring.  I layered the dough into a rectangle, with yellow on the bottom, orange in the middle, and white on top.  This dough rectangle was wrapped in parchment paper and refrigerated for about half an hour.

From there, I preheated the oven to 400 F.  I sliced the dough into thin slices, and then cut the slices into triangles to form candy corn.

Put the crackers onto lined baking sheets and bake for 6-8 minutes, then cool and store in an air tight container.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. This is excellent! I'm pinning it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful...and so very, very you!!! like that they are cheese and not sweet for a change...!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a creative and tasty treat. Thanks for sharing with other moms, bakers and us! Happy Baking! Irene @ KAF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I am always looking for bento lunch ideas to share with families on my blog and in my work as a feeding therapist. I will share your site :)

    ReplyDelete