Monday, October 10, 2011

Recipe: Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese

I love Pinterest!

I found this recipe on Pinterest last week, and I knew it had to make it's way into my menu.  For sure.

The only thing I really changed was that I did not use fresh jalapenos.  I used jarred sliced jalapenos, and they worked beautifully.

Alas, my children are spice wimps and had plain grilled cheese...

But I got to have this beauty...

Yum, yum, yum, yummers.


Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
(Insprired by BS in the Kitchen, via Pinterest)

For 2 sandwiches:
Sliced jalapeno peppers (jarred)
1 Tbsp Fat free Cream Cheese
1/2 Tbsp lite Ranch Dressing
2 Tbsp Sundried tomato, chopped
6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
Butter
4 slices whole wheat bread

 Mix together the cream cheese and ranch dressing, along with the chopped sundried tomato pieces.  Spread the bread with the cream cheese mixture. 

Top the bread with half the cheese, then the slices of jalapeno to cover.  Top with remaining cheese, then the other slice of bread.  Butter the outsides of the bread and grill until the cheese is melted.  Enjoy!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. mjsmtih11161@verizon.netOctober 10, 2011 at 6:59 PM

    I might have to try this. That sound so good and I still have peppers left in my garden and I was trying to think of something else to do with them.

    ReplyDelete